Call to help Exmouth Sea Cadets
If you have some time to spare and would like to help a group of enthusiastic youngsters, Exmouth Sea Cadets would like to hear from you.
President Keith Graham, former Exmouth harbour master and RNLI coxswain, is appealing for new committee members and also a volunteer secretary who could help the group on a regular basis.
Lisa Blood Smyth, of Exmouth Mussels, recently took on the role of Exmouth Sea Cadets’ chairman.
Mr Graham said around four committee members were needed to help the 35-strong cadet group.
He said: “The unit could do with some more committee members as some of the members are parents, and when their sons or daughters leave, they tend to go also.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone taking on the role of secretary would need to:
l prepare, distribute and respond to, communications as required
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 3 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 4 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 5 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 6 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 7 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 8 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
l keep a record of minutes and reports
l prepare agenda, minute meetings and distribute completed minutes and reports of monthly committee meetings.
The sea cadets, aged 12-18, meet on Mondays and Thursdays at the Camperdown Terrace base, from 6.30pm until 9.30pm
To find out more about the roles of the secretary and committee members, call Mr Graham on (01395) 273 423.
l To learn more about the Exmouth Sea Cadets, log on to www.exmouthscc.co.uk/seacdts.html