Call for Exmouth residents to join GP group
An Exmouth surgery is calling for working-age volunteers to join a patients group to help improve the practice.
Haldon House Surgery in Imperial Road set up a patient participation group (PPG) last year.
And they are now looking for volunteers aged under 50 years of age to join the group.
The Haldon House PPG raises money for equipment, organises health events, and liaises with patients to improve the practice.
Group member Mike Wheeler said: “This is an age group under-represented on the committee.
“They meet once every two months at the surgery for about an hour.
“As GP surgeries become responsible for their own budgets the government requires them to consult their patients about the service they provide.
- 1 A-level results day for students at Exmouth Community College
- 2 Bathing still banned at Exmouth due to pollution but restrictions lifted for Budleigh
- 3 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
- 4 Bathing banned at Exmouth and Budleigh due to pollution
- 5 Exmouth beach swimming ban lifted
- 6 Exeter College bucks national trend with 'best ever A level results'
- 7 CANCELLED - McFly's Exmouth concert called off
- 8 Donation from Freemasons to fire-damaged scout hut
- 9 'Step aside, Salcombe' - travel article names Exmouth as Devon's up-and-coming destination
“PPGs have an increasingly important role in supporting doctors’ practices.”
Anyone interested in joining the PPG should contact Mr David Bassett on: 01395 273640.