Call for Exmouth residents to join GP group
An Exmouth surgery is calling for working-age volunteers to join a patients group to help improve the practice.
Haldon House Surgery in Imperial Road set up a patient participation group (PPG) last year.
And they are now looking for volunteers aged under 50 years of age to join the group.
The Haldon House PPG raises money for equipment, organises health events, and liaises with patients to improve the practice.
Group member Mike Wheeler said: “This is an age group under-represented on the committee.
You may also want to watch:
“They meet once every two months at the surgery for about an hour.
“As GP surgeries become responsible for their own budgets the government requires them to consult their patients about the service they provide.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Condolences to PM following 'senseless' killing of popular MP
- 8 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 9 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
“PPGs have an increasingly important role in supporting doctors’ practices.”
Anyone interested in joining the PPG should contact Mr David Bassett on: 01395 273640.