Cafe at Bicton College showcases students’ skills
Bicton College is throwing open the doors of a student-run cafe in a bid to showcase the group’s employment skills. The E3 Enterprise cafe is open on Wednesday afternoons from June 8-29.
Bicton College is throwing open the doors of its Enterprise caf� in a bid to showcase the students’ efforts.
The E3 Enterprise caf� is being run by a group of students with learning disabilities whose new skills are giving them the opportunity to learn about how business works.
The caf� will be open to the public for the next four Wednesday afternoons, June 8 to June 29, from 1.30pm to 4.30pm.
The students are keen to hear feedback from visitors.
You may also want to watch:
Katharine Clarke, who heads up the Foundation Learning programmes, said: “We now feel ready to open up to the public, albeit on a limited basis. We are keen to see if we can provide something that the public wants and to showcase our skills and enthusiasm for this new venture.”
The E3 Enterprise caf� is on the site of the old plant centre.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 3 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 4 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 5 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 6 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 7 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 8 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 9 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police