Businesses hand over charity cash
- Credit: Archant
A group of East Devon businesses have handed over more than £4,000 to cancer charity CLIC Sargent.
The East Devon Business Initiative (EDBI), which meets weekly at Woodbury Park Hotel, raised the money during the past 12 months with a number of events.
Among these were a ‘three peaks’ challenge by East Devon Plumbing and Heating, a London to Brighton run by Paul Cross of The Utility Warehouse, cash collections outside supermarkets, and a charity auction at the group’s Christmas party.
EDBI chairman Pete Chubb, the proprietor of the Kitchen Studio in Exmouth, said: “We’re delighted to have raised £4,292 for CLIC Sargent over the last year. It’s an amazing charity which struck a chord with many members.
“In fact, we thought that it did such vital work with families across East Devon and beyond that when it came to choosing a charity for 2013, members voted in favour of raising yet more money for CLIC Sargent in 2013.”
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Shaw, CLIC Sargent’s area fundraising manager for Devon and Cornwall, said: “We’re delighted by the amount raised by the EDBI, and it’s fantastic news that they have chosen us as their nominated charity for 2013.”
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 3 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 John and Grace run for the heart
- 6 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 7 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 10 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows