Businesses hand over charity cash
- Credit: Archant
A group of East Devon businesses have handed over more than £4,000 to cancer charity CLIC Sargent.
The East Devon Business Initiative (EDBI), which meets weekly at Woodbury Park Hotel, raised the money during the past 12 months with a number of events.
Among these were a ‘three peaks’ challenge by East Devon Plumbing and Heating, a London to Brighton run by Paul Cross of The Utility Warehouse, cash collections outside supermarkets, and a charity auction at the group’s Christmas party.
EDBI chairman Pete Chubb, the proprietor of the Kitchen Studio in Exmouth, said: “We’re delighted to have raised £4,292 for CLIC Sargent over the last year. It’s an amazing charity which struck a chord with many members.
“In fact, we thought that it did such vital work with families across East Devon and beyond that when it came to choosing a charity for 2013, members voted in favour of raising yet more money for CLIC Sargent in 2013.”
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Shaw, CLIC Sargent’s area fundraising manager for Devon and Cornwall, said: “We’re delighted by the amount raised by the EDBI, and it’s fantastic news that they have chosen us as their nominated charity for 2013.”
- 1 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 2 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!
- 3 Topsham events planned after latest stop on lockdown roadmap
- 4 Topsham is one of the best places to live - its official
- 5 Exmouth residents urged to have their say on WPD’s five-year plan
- 6 Jurassic Fibre installs 10Gbps connection to Winslade Park
- 7 Builders merchant encouraging businesses to support Exmouth mental health organisation
- 8 Exmouth RNLI called to rescue Kayaker
- 9 Work begins on former temporary car park on Exmouth seafront
- 10 Exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Mikeys Beach Bar