Businesses hand over charity cash
- Credit: Archant
A group of East Devon businesses have handed over more than £4,000 to cancer charity CLIC Sargent.
The East Devon Business Initiative (EDBI), which meets weekly at Woodbury Park Hotel, raised the money during the past 12 months with a number of events.
Among these were a ‘three peaks’ challenge by East Devon Plumbing and Heating, a London to Brighton run by Paul Cross of The Utility Warehouse, cash collections outside supermarkets, and a charity auction at the group’s Christmas party.
EDBI chairman Pete Chubb, the proprietor of the Kitchen Studio in Exmouth, said: “We’re delighted to have raised £4,292 for CLIC Sargent over the last year. It’s an amazing charity which struck a chord with many members.
“In fact, we thought that it did such vital work with families across East Devon and beyond that when it came to choosing a charity for 2013, members voted in favour of raising yet more money for CLIC Sargent in 2013.”
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Shaw, CLIC Sargent’s area fundraising manager for Devon and Cornwall, said: “We’re delighted by the amount raised by the EDBI, and it’s fantastic news that they have chosen us as their nominated charity for 2013.”
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 4 Sports-related projects set for £300,000 developer cash boost
- 5 'Use any quotation you like, there is a huge problem' - Anthony Bernard
- 6 Budleigh café steps in to provide school lunch parcels
- 7 Reverend Steve Jones - Finding a Quiet Space
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 10 Lets use money from cancelled holidays to help those in need - Anthony Bernard