Businesses answer Hospiscare’s call to raise £15,000
- Credit: Archant
Support grows for the charity’s Tub Club fundraising campaign for the new East Devon Day Hospice.
Businesses across East Devon have been answering Hospiscare’s call to help raise £15,000 to pay for the patient bathroom in the new day hospice.
Seven businesses, including, Natural Beauty by Bev; Halse of Honiton; Alan Rowe Barbering, Honiton; The Sidmouth Arms, Upottery;Robert Frith Optometrists, Sidmouth, and Stones Solicitors, Exeter, have signed up to the charity’s Tub Club and will each raise £500. Hospiscare needs 30 businesses to join the Tub Club and raise £15,000 by December 1.
The new bathroom will have specialist equipment including a jacuzzi bath with a hoist to ensure those who are less mobile can safely enjoy a relaxing bath.
Phil Halse, of Halse of Honiton, said: “Halse of Honiton is delighted to join The Tub Club and support this excellent project. The day hospice will be a wonderful facility for patients and their families and we are following its progress with great interest.”
You may also want to watch:
This was echoed by Beverley Stamp, of Natural Beauty by Bev, who added: “I am supporting this great charity as so many clients and people close to me have been affected by cancer and the thought of them having blissful and therapeutic care means so much.”
More than £100,000 has already been raised by the local community towards the East Devon Day Hospice Appeal target of £250,000.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 6 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 7 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 8 John and Grace run for the heart
- 9 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 10 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
Robert Friths, of Robert Frith Optometrists, said: ‘Here at Robert Friths we value the work of the Hospiscare team, having had first hand experience of their wide range of care in the community, after losing a much loved colleague to cancer two years ago.”
The new East Devon Day Hospice is being built in King Street, Honiton, in partnership with Budleigh Salterton, Exmouth and Lympstone and Sidmouth Hospiscare charities. To join call the Tub Club contact John Arnold, Hospiscare’s corporate relations manager on 01392 688057 or email email@example.com