Businesses answer Hospiscare’s call to raise £15,000
- Credit: Archant
Support grows for the charity’s Tub Club fundraising campaign for the new East Devon Day Hospice.
Businesses across East Devon have been answering Hospiscare’s call to help raise £15,000 to pay for the patient bathroom in the new day hospice.
Seven businesses, including, Natural Beauty by Bev; Halse of Honiton; Alan Rowe Barbering, Honiton; The Sidmouth Arms, Upottery;Robert Frith Optometrists, Sidmouth, and Stones Solicitors, Exeter, have signed up to the charity’s Tub Club and will each raise £500. Hospiscare needs 30 businesses to join the Tub Club and raise £15,000 by December 1.
The new bathroom will have specialist equipment including a jacuzzi bath with a hoist to ensure those who are less mobile can safely enjoy a relaxing bath.
Phil Halse, of Halse of Honiton, said: “Halse of Honiton is delighted to join The Tub Club and support this excellent project. The day hospice will be a wonderful facility for patients and their families and we are following its progress with great interest.”
This was echoed by Beverley Stamp, of Natural Beauty by Bev, who added: “I am supporting this great charity as so many clients and people close to me have been affected by cancer and the thought of them having blissful and therapeutic care means so much.”
More than £100,000 has already been raised by the local community towards the East Devon Day Hospice Appeal target of £250,000.
- 1 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 2 New name and fresh look for Exmouth Museum
- 3 Found: Wanted man from Exmouth
- 4 Witness appeal after Exmouth assault
- 5 Exmouth to join national beacon lighting programme to mark Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 6 Budleigh Lions support town's new community larder
- 7 East Devon beaches given prestigious blue flag award
- 8 First hybrid meeting for Exmouth’s U3A branch
- 9 New book about royal celebrations of the past
- 10 M5 all lanes now reopened.
Robert Friths, of Robert Frith Optometrists, said: ‘Here at Robert Friths we value the work of the Hospiscare team, having had first hand experience of their wide range of care in the community, after losing a much loved colleague to cancer two years ago.”
The new East Devon Day Hospice is being built in King Street, Honiton, in partnership with Budleigh Salterton, Exmouth and Lympstone and Sidmouth Hospiscare charities. To join call the Tub Club contact John Arnold, Hospiscare’s corporate relations manager on 01392 688057 or email email@example.com