Business group marks anniversary with fair
- Credit: Archant
An organisation for traders in Budleigh has celebrated its first anniversary with a business fair at the Bicton Earth Centre.
Budleigh in Business, a not-for-profit organisation which aims to support the business community, held the event alongside its annual meeting.
More than 100 people attended to see exhibitions by a number of local firms, and take part in three business workshops.
Event co-ordinator Trudie Burne said: “The business fair’s large attendance and feedback demonstrates what we as Budleigh in Business are all about and proves that there is a need from our local businesses for this kind of support. It’s all about working together.”
Group chairman Angela Yarwood said: “As a growing business organisation looking to play its part in the local business community, Budleigh in Business has set its sights on becoming a proactive group within the community, with the aim of ensuring that Budleigh Salterton thrives for the future both commercially and as a vibrant multi faceted community.
You may also want to watch:
“With now over 70 business members and growing, Budleigh in Business aims to represent all areas of business as well as other major organisations in the area.
“The innovative website lists all members’ businesses as well as providing links to what’s on locally and offers e-newsletters for local residents.
- 1 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 2 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 3 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 4 Sports-related projects set for £300,000 developer cash boost
- 5 Budleigh café steps in to provide school lunch parcels
- 6 'Use any quotation you like, there is a huge problem' - Anthony Bernard
- 7 Reverend Steve Jones - Finding a Quiet Space
- 8 Rugby hopeful for a brighter summer
- 9 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 10 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
“Our aim is to promote Budleigh businesses and the Budleigh area as a vibrant and dynamic location for businesses to prosper, residents to enjoy and for people to visit.”
For more information, visit www.budleighinbusiness.org.uk.