Business group marks anniversary with fair
- Credit: Archant
An organisation for traders in Budleigh has celebrated its first anniversary with a business fair at the Bicton Earth Centre.
Budleigh in Business, a not-for-profit organisation which aims to support the business community, held the event alongside its annual meeting.
More than 100 people attended to see exhibitions by a number of local firms, and take part in three business workshops.
Event co-ordinator Trudie Burne said: “The business fair’s large attendance and feedback demonstrates what we as Budleigh in Business are all about and proves that there is a need from our local businesses for this kind of support. It’s all about working together.”
Group chairman Angela Yarwood said: “As a growing business organisation looking to play its part in the local business community, Budleigh in Business has set its sights on becoming a proactive group within the community, with the aim of ensuring that Budleigh Salterton thrives for the future both commercially and as a vibrant multi faceted community.
“With now over 70 business members and growing, Budleigh in Business aims to represent all areas of business as well as other major organisations in the area.
“The innovative website lists all members’ businesses as well as providing links to what’s on locally and offers e-newsletters for local residents.
- 1 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 2 New name and fresh look for Exmouth Museum
- 3 Found: Wanted man from Exmouth
- 4 Witness appeal after Exmouth assault
- 5 Exmouth to join national beacon lighting programme to mark Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 6 Budleigh Lions support town's new community larder
- 7 East Devon beaches given prestigious blue flag award
- 8 First hybrid meeting for Exmouth’s U3A branch
- 9 New book about royal celebrations of the past
- 10 M5 all lanes now reopened.
“Our aim is to promote Budleigh businesses and the Budleigh area as a vibrant and dynamic location for businesses to prosper, residents to enjoy and for people to visit.”
For more information, visit www.budleighinbusiness.org.uk.