Business celebrates 50 years of dry cleaning in Pound Lane
- Credit: Archant
An Exmouth family business is celebrating 50 years of dry cleaning from its Pound Lane site.
Ideal Cleaners started dry cleaning in Pound Lane on March 16, 1966.
The business’s history actually goes back even further than that, with Freddie and Nancy Leat having originally started Ideal Hand Laundry in Withycombe in 1910.
James Leat, the fifth generation of the family, started working at Ideal in 2010.
He said: “Over our 106-year history, we have worked with many delightful employees and customers.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d like to celebrate and thank all of our past and present members of staff for all their hard work over the years.
“A special thank-you to Ruth Stuart, who started working for us when she left school and is still here working with us now on a Saturday morning. Thank-you, Ruth, for your amazing service.
- 1 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 4 Delay to train travel this weekend
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Exmouth loses out on multi-million pound funding boost
- 7 Sound move to join singing group
- 8 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 9 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 10 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people
“Finally, a huge thank-you to all our loyal customers. Here’s to another 100 years!”