Business celebrates 50 years of dry cleaning in Pound Lane
- Credit: Archant
An Exmouth family business is celebrating 50 years of dry cleaning from its Pound Lane site.
Ideal Cleaners started dry cleaning in Pound Lane on March 16, 1966.
The business’s history actually goes back even further than that, with Freddie and Nancy Leat having originally started Ideal Hand Laundry in Withycombe in 1910.
James Leat, the fifth generation of the family, started working at Ideal in 2010.
He said: “Over our 106-year history, we have worked with many delightful employees and customers.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d like to celebrate and thank all of our past and present members of staff for all their hard work over the years.
“A special thank-you to Ruth Stuart, who started working for us when she left school and is still here working with us now on a Saturday morning. Thank-you, Ruth, for your amazing service.
- 1 Last-minute drama for East Budleigh
- 2 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 3 Seven-goal Brixington turn on the style
- 4 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 5 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 6 Withycombe Ladies announce new coach
- 7 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 8 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 9 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 10 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
“Finally, a huge thank-you to all our loyal customers. Here’s to another 100 years!”