Business celebrates 50 years of dry cleaning in Pound Lane
- Credit: Archant
An Exmouth family business is celebrating 50 years of dry cleaning from its Pound Lane site.
Ideal Cleaners started dry cleaning in Pound Lane on March 16, 1966.
The business’s history actually goes back even further than that, with Freddie and Nancy Leat having originally started Ideal Hand Laundry in Withycombe in 1910.
James Leat, the fifth generation of the family, started working at Ideal in 2010.
He said: “Over our 106-year history, we have worked with many delightful employees and customers.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d like to celebrate and thank all of our past and present members of staff for all their hard work over the years.
“A special thank-you to Ruth Stuart, who started working for us when she left school and is still here working with us now on a Saturday morning. Thank-you, Ruth, for your amazing service.
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 4 Sports-related projects set for £300,000 developer cash boost
- 5 Budleigh café steps in to provide school lunch parcels
- 6 'Use any quotation you like, there is a huge problem' - Anthony Bernard
- 7 Reverend Steve Jones - Finding a Quiet Space
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 10 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
“Finally, a huge thank-you to all our loyal customers. Here’s to another 100 years!”