Business celebrates 50 years of dry cleaning in Pound Lane
- Credit: Archant
An Exmouth family business is celebrating 50 years of dry cleaning from its Pound Lane site.
Ideal Cleaners started dry cleaning in Pound Lane on March 16, 1966.
The business’s history actually goes back even further than that, with Freddie and Nancy Leat having originally started Ideal Hand Laundry in Withycombe in 1910.
James Leat, the fifth generation of the family, started working at Ideal in 2010.
He said: “Over our 106-year history, we have worked with many delightful employees and customers.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d like to celebrate and thank all of our past and present members of staff for all their hard work over the years.
“A special thank-you to Ruth Stuart, who started working for us when she left school and is still here working with us now on a Saturday morning. Thank-you, Ruth, for your amazing service.
- 1 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 2 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 3 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 4 Budleigh Lions welcome two new members
- 5 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 6 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 7 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 8 Fairlynch Museum opens its doors for longer visits
- 9 Repair cafe opens again
- 10 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
“Finally, a huge thank-you to all our loyal customers. Here’s to another 100 years!”