Business award joy for Ladram Bay team
- Credit: Archant
Popular holiday park Ladram Bay has been crowned ‘company of the year’ in a major award scheme celebrating successful women in business.
The park was named as overall company winner in the 2016 Devon Venus Awards at a ceremony held at the University of Exeter.
Stepping up to receive the accolade were director and member of the park-owning family Zoe House and Ladram Bay’s general manager Claire Williams.
Zoe said that she and other members of the family were ‘stunned, surprised and delighted’ when their park’s name was read out at the awards ceremony.
She said: “We knew we were up against some stiff competition, and to reach the finals underwent a rigorous judging process, which looked at all aspects of our business.
You may also want to watch:
“We have always believed in providing equal career opportunities for both women and men, and in helping employees achieve their goals with support and training.
“This award is for everyone who works at the park, and we would like to thank all those who have supported us along the way.”
- 1 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 2 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 3 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 4 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 5 Fairlynch Museum opens its doors for longer visits
- 6 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 7 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 8 Repair cafe opens again
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Budleigh Lions welcome two new members
Ladram Bay’s general manager, Claire Williams, said the company’s success had always been the result of a combined team effort.
She said: “We are very fortunate to have behind us a hard-working and loyal workforce of both women and men who share our vision for the business.
“It’s their efforts which help to create a truly memorable experience for our guests, and they deserve great credit for this award and the other recognitions we receive.”
Ladram Bay holiday park, near Otterton, was named in October as a finalist in the Company of the Year category.
The holiday park was originally founded over 70 years ago by Devon farmer Frank Carter, and today his four siblings are responsible for driving the successful business forward.
From a small camping site, it has grown to become one of the region’s most popular holiday parks, which attracts thousands of visitors each year.