Business advice on offer in East Devon and other news
The East Devon Branch of the Federation of Small Businesses is hosting its last business advice evening of 2012. Read this and more.
PROMOTING JURASSIC COAST: Exmouth people and the town council are to take more of a lead in promoting the Jurassic Coast.
Jurassic Coast Ambassador Mike Green asked councillors this week if they would appoint a lead member or members, who would act as a contact between the council and Jurassic Coast initiatives.
They would also look for volunteers to help out at events, and promote the Friends of Jurassic Coast group.
Councillors said they would consider nominating two councillors for the role, one from the Conservative group and one from the Lib Dems.
You may also want to watch:
OFFERING ADVICE: The East Devon Branch of the Federation of Small Businesses is hosting its last business advice evening of 2012.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 3 Wins for East Budleigh and the Robinettes
- 4 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 5 Covid support team thanks community for generous help
- 6 Shortage of applicants lifts starting salaries
- 7 East Devon Ladies win County Pairs comp
- 8 Champions of art and culture help connect communities
- 9 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
The free-to-attend event is being held from 6pm until 8pm, at Escot Park, near Ottery St Mary, on September 27.
A spokesman for the event said: “As always there is a whole host of different advisors to talk to from HMRC and the Patent Office to thinking about going green or sorting an updated business plan.
“So if you own a business and you would like some additional advice come along to the free business advice evening.”
BOAT SPACES: If you are looking for a mooring space the Lower Exe Mooring Authority can help.
It currently has spaces available to rent in the lower Exe area.
For more information and availability call the administrator on 07518 902664 or email firstname.lastname@example.org