Business advice on offer in East Devon and other news
The East Devon Branch of the Federation of Small Businesses is hosting its last business advice evening of 2012. Read this and more.
PROMOTING JURASSIC COAST: Exmouth people and the town council are to take more of a lead in promoting the Jurassic Coast.
Jurassic Coast Ambassador Mike Green asked councillors this week if they would appoint a lead member or members, who would act as a contact between the council and Jurassic Coast initiatives.
They would also look for volunteers to help out at events, and promote the Friends of Jurassic Coast group.
Councillors said they would consider nominating two councillors for the role, one from the Conservative group and one from the Lib Dems.
You may also want to watch:
OFFERING ADVICE: The East Devon Branch of the Federation of Small Businesses is hosting its last business advice evening of 2012.
- 1 LED venues set out plans for reopening on roadmap out of lockdown
- 2 Woman airlifted to hospital after Clyst St George collision
- 3 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 4 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 5 Climate Conversation programme for Exmouth and Honiton
- 6 Youngsters thriving in outdoor environment
- 7 Budleigh Male Voice Choir resuming in-person rehearsals
- 8 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 9 Wild fire warning after camp fire remnants found at Bystock
- 10 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
The free-to-attend event is being held from 6pm until 8pm, at Escot Park, near Ottery St Mary, on September 27.
A spokesman for the event said: “As always there is a whole host of different advisors to talk to from HMRC and the Patent Office to thinking about going green or sorting an updated business plan.
“So if you own a business and you would like some additional advice come along to the free business advice evening.”
BOAT SPACES: If you are looking for a mooring space the Lower Exe Mooring Authority can help.
It currently has spaces available to rent in the lower Exe area.
For more information and availability call the administrator on 07518 902664 or email email@example.com