Bus drivers praised
INQUSITIVE minds who embarked on a fact-finding expedition have heaped praise on bus drivers. Members of the Exmouth Senior Council spent a day travelling on buses in the town on Thursday, May 7, to study transport issues. The Senior Council for Devon ai
INQUSITIVE minds who embarked on a fact-finding expedition have heaped praise on bus drivers.
Members of the Exmouth Senior Council spent a day travelling on buses in the town on Thursday, May 7, to study transport issues.
The Senior Council for Devon aims to give older people in the county a voice in developing and improving services.
Yvonne Wardrop, chairman of the Exmouth council, said all the drivers on the buses the members used were courteous and considerate to their passengers both young and old.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "Because of the hilly nature of many residential roads we were impressed with the skill of the drivers when having to manoeuvre round cars that had been parked with little consideration for other users."
Yvonne, 83, of Douglas Avenue, Exmouth, said as a car driver herself she was ashamed with the thoughtlessness of many motorists.
- 1 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 2 Topsham events planned after latest stop on lockdown roadmap
- 3 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 4 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!
- 5 Exmouth youngsters take part in beach clean
- 6 Volunteer appeal as charity shops prepares for incoming donations
- 7 Topsham is one of the best places to live - its official
- 8 Exmouth RNLI called to rescue Kayaker
- 9 Activities for all ages at Budleigh health and wellbeing hub
- 10 Work begins on former temporary car park on Exmouth seafront
"We may have been lucky but I am sure the majority of bus drivers would be the same as those who drove us."
Yvonne said the members looked at issues such as vandalism at bus shelters, raised curbs where passengers would wait and if there were sufficient bus timetables in the area.
"Not everything is helpful to bus users but we found the drivers were.