Bus drivers praised
INQUSITIVE minds who embarked on a fact-finding expedition have heaped praise on bus drivers. Members of the Exmouth Senior Council spent a day travelling on buses in the town on Thursday, May 7, to study transport issues. The Senior Council for Devon ai
INQUSITIVE minds who embarked on a fact-finding expedition have heaped praise on bus drivers.
Members of the Exmouth Senior Council spent a day travelling on buses in the town on Thursday, May 7, to study transport issues.
The Senior Council for Devon aims to give older people in the county a voice in developing and improving services.
Yvonne Wardrop, chairman of the Exmouth council, said all the drivers on the buses the members used were courteous and considerate to their passengers both young and old.
She added: "Because of the hilly nature of many residential roads we were impressed with the skill of the drivers when having to manoeuvre round cars that had been parked with little consideration for other users."
Yvonne, 83, of Douglas Avenue, Exmouth, said as a car driver herself she was ashamed with the thoughtlessness of many motorists.
- 1 Met Office weather warning for wind in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 3 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 4 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 5 Council's process of awarding alderman title under review after John Humphreys case
- 6 Santa's sleigh and Family Fun Run: Exmouth Rotary announces Christmas events
- 7 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 8 Budleigh author's latest book launches this week
- 9 Exeter man guilty of threatening police officer on Exmouth seafront
- 10 'All systems go' for Budleigh late-night shopping event
"We may have been lucky but I am sure the majority of bus drivers would be the same as those who drove us."
Yvonne said the members looked at issues such as vandalism at bus shelters, raised curbs where passengers would wait and if there were sufficient bus timetables in the area.
"Not everything is helpful to bus users but we found the drivers were.