Burned out car sparks Exmouth police appeal
A car stolen from Littleham and found burned out in Newton Poppleford days later has sparked a police appeal for help.
Exmouth police are appealing for help tracing the culprit who stole a car from Littleham on bonfire night, leaving it burned out several miles away.
Officers are appealing for information after a blue 1993 Ford Fiesta was stolen from Mountain Close on November 5.
Police community support officer Malcolm Maguire said entry to the vehicle was gained through the car’s rear quarter light window.
PSCS Maguire said the car was discovered burned out three days later, on November 8, at Northmostown, Newton Poppleford.
The police are asking anyone who saw someone acting suspiciously in the mountain Close area at the time the car was stolen, to get in touch.
Officers are also keen to hear from anyone with information about the theft.
- 1 Rolling out the 'big tent' to help East Devon
- 2 Fears over future of Methodist church
- 3 'I am pro-vaccine, but I am also pro-choice'
- 4 Homes and shops plan approved for site behind Exmouth's Tower Street Church
- 5 Lympstone man takes on 3,000-mile rowing challenge
- 6 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 7 Withycombe ladies shine in six-try stunner
- 8 Free water dispensers set up in Exmouth to cut plastic waste
- 9 A pace for everyone with the Budleigh Runners
- 10 Six-goal classic for East Budleigh and Topsham
Contact PCSO Maguire on 101, quoting crime m reference KE/11/2897.