Burned out car sparks Exmouth police appeal
A car stolen from Littleham and found burned out in Newton Poppleford days later has sparked a police appeal for help.
Exmouth police are appealing for help tracing the culprit who stole a car from Littleham on bonfire night, leaving it burned out several miles away.
Officers are appealing for information after a blue 1993 Ford Fiesta was stolen from Mountain Close on November 5.
Police community support officer Malcolm Maguire said entry to the vehicle was gained through the car’s rear quarter light window.
PSCS Maguire said the car was discovered burned out three days later, on November 8, at Northmostown, Newton Poppleford.
You may also want to watch:
The police are asking anyone who saw someone acting suspiciously in the mountain Close area at the time the car was stolen, to get in touch.
Officers are also keen to hear from anyone with information about the theft.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 8 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 9 Hospiscare yarn-bomb mail trail is a delight for all to enjoy
- 10 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon
Contact PCSO Maguire on 101, quoting crime m reference KE/11/2897.