Budleigh youngsters bring musical cheer to care home
- Credit: Archant
A visit from musical Budleigh Salterton schoolchildren brought smiles to the faces of residents at Baycourt Residential and Nursing Home.
Pupils from St Peter’s Primary School went, instruments in hand, to the nursing home in West Hill to entertain the residents with their musical skills.
They played a variety of songs using instruments including violins and guitar, which the residents knew and were able to sing along to.
Pupils from the school also performed pieces which they had created themselves.
Baycourt manager Sam Smith said the residents were very impressed with the music, adding: “The residents at Bay Court really enjoy the regular visits from St Peter’s school.
You may also want to watch:
“It certainly brings a smile to their faces.”
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 3 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 6 Put the kettle on to support your local hospice
- 7 ‘We’re here to help’ - eMAG’s volunteers ready to help during latest lockdown
- 8 Exeter City Community Trust stepping up again
- 9 Community energy funding helps TRIP coordinate thousands of requests for support
- 10 Budleigh Freemasons support the visually impaired