Budleigh woman celebrates landmark birthday
RELATIVES from three generations of her descendents gathered to celebrate the 100th birthday of a Budleigh Salterton woman.
A party was held on Saturday, July 3, at the Methodist Hall, to mark the birthday of Gladys Hitt.
She received a number of greetings cards including one from the Queen and the Pensions Minister.
Budleigh Salterton mayor, Tom Wright, and his wife, who attended the party, presented her with a gift.
Gladys was joined by a number of her friends and 50 relatives, including her two daughters, five grandchildren and six great grandchildren.
You may also want to watch:
The oldest guest at the party was her friend Kath Gooding, who also reached 100 last November. Gladys now lives at Baycourt Nursing Home, in West Hill, where she has stayed for the last three years.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 9 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
- 10 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city