Budleigh slimmer in line for cash prize
A Budleigh Salterton mother could be in line for a �5,000 jackpot after being named Woman of the Year by an Exmouth slimming group.
Nic Power, 41, saw her weight drop from 15 stone 7lb to 12 stone in 18 months.
She said: “I have always been overweight, but my son nearly died and it was the big wake-up call I needed.
“I never dreamed I could achieve so much. I’ve gone from a size 18/20 to a 12, and it’s made such a huge difference – it’s changed my life.
“I feel like a winner already, and being voted the Exmouth group’s Woman of the Year 2011 is the icing on the cake.”
You may also want to watch:
Having received her award, Nic will go through a regional competition, putting her in the running for the national title of Slimming World Woman of the Year 2011, the winner of which will receive the �5,000 prize.
The Exmouth Slimming World group is held every Tuesday at 9am, 11am, 1pm, 5pm or 7pm at the Open Door Centre.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 5 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 6 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 7 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
- 8 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 9 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 10 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost