Budleigh skate park set for £150,000 overhaul
- Credit: Archant
Budleigh Salterton’s graffiti-laden skate park is set for a makeover as part of a £1 million district-wide play park improvement scheme.
An overhaul of Budleigh’s facility, at Lime Kiln Car Park, is expected to begin early next year after the town council and ‘local users’ are consulted on the design.
The £150,000 revamp has been added to the district council’s capital programme.
East Devon District Council says it is ‘likely’ the skate park will receive similar treatment to the one in Exmouth. Last year the old facility in Exmouth’s Phear Park was demolished and replaced with a concrete facility.
A spokesman for EDDC said consultation over the design is planned to take place in August and September this year but that the timelines will be subject to change ‘as the project is initiated and planned in more detail’.
For more on the council’s capital programme see page 9.
- 1 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 2 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 3 Awesome Aaron earns Exmouth win with a worldie
- 4 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 5 Met Office weather warning for wind in East Devon
- 6 Denley's wins top restaurant accolade at Asian Curry Awards
- 7 Council's process of awarding alderman title under review after John Humphreys case
- 8 East Devon football results
- 9 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 10 Vulnerable people are still falling through the cracks in society