Budleigh Sherbrook Hill home gets green light
PLANS to build a house in the grounds of 13 Sherbrook Hill, Budleigh Salterton, have been approved. East Devon District Council backed an application to create a property at the address as well as the creation of vehicular access. Prior to EDDC making the
PLANS to build a house in the grounds of 13 Sherbrook Hill, Budleigh Salterton, have been approved.
East Devon District Council backed an application to create a property at the address as well as the creation of vehicular access.
Prior to EDDC making the decision, the application was also supported by Budleigh Salterton Town Council.
The decision comes after a number of residents voiced mixed opinions over the plans.
You may also want to watch:
John Chard, of Sherbrook Close, said: "We wish to object this proposal to build another house in the garden of 13 Sherbrook Hill.
"We understand that it is a big plot but object on the grounds that the building would be detrimental to wildlife."
- 1 Town centre improvements will go forward for funding bid
- 2 Man rescued in Lyme Bay after fishing boat 'sinks without trace'
- 3 Plans for new MP for Exmouth under discussion
- 4 Exmouth Harriers tackle the hills
- 5 Urgent clarity is needed on international travel
- 6 Exciting new era begins at Budleigh Salterton
- 7 Police performed largest security operation in the force’s history
- 8 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 9 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 10 Exmouth woman denies murdering her partner Nigel Johnston
"If every large plot in Budleigh were to apply for and get planning permission to build on their land, it would be an environmental disaster.
"And, if you grant permission for one house, no doubt there will be a flood of applications from other people eager to cash in."
Diana Tremlett, of Northview Road, however, backed the plans. She said: ""I feel the house is of an attractive design and would seem to be virtually invisible from any neighbouring property.
"The landscaping has been professionally prepared to retain visual amenity and the existing trees. The access for the new house is from Sherbrook Hill and, as such, is not a busy road.
"I might object if another application for a house would access onto Northview Road which is becoming extremely busy with the increasing traffic going to and from the East Devon Golf Club.