Budleigh features in Devon author’s latest crime thriller
- Credit: Nick Fletcher
A new crime thriller features Budleigh Salterton as a key location in a dramatic murder mystery.
Dark Edges, by Devon-based author Nick Fletcher, is a collection of five crime novellas set in Devon and Cornwall and all featuring private detective Max Slater.
The title story has the private eye visiting Budleigh on the trail of a woman suspected of murdering her husband by pushing him overboard from their yacht.
In the book, Budleigh is described as 'a pretty and still fashionable resort' famous for being featured in a John Everett Millais painting and as the birthplace of the actress Belinda Lee.
Dark Edges is Nick's tenth book and the fifth to feature his private-eye character.
You may also want to watch:
"Max is a former journalist turned private detective and he makes up for his lack of experience with sheer perseverance," said Nick.
"He is driven by the need to see justice done even if he occasionally has to step outside the law to achieve it."
Dark Edges is available through bookshops or post-free by going to the author's website
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 5 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 6 Repair cafe opens again
- 7 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 8 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 9 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 10 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities