Budleigh features in Devon author’s latest crime thriller
- Credit: Nick Fletcher
A new crime thriller features Budleigh Salterton as a key location in a dramatic murder mystery.
Dark Edges, by Devon-based author Nick Fletcher, is a collection of five crime novellas set in Devon and Cornwall and all featuring private detective Max Slater.
The title story has the private eye visiting Budleigh on the trail of a woman suspected of murdering her husband by pushing him overboard from their yacht.
In the book, Budleigh is described as 'a pretty and still fashionable resort' famous for being featured in a John Everett Millais painting and as the birthplace of the actress Belinda Lee.
Dark Edges is Nick's tenth book and the fifth to feature his private-eye character.
You may also want to watch:
"Max is a former journalist turned private detective and he makes up for his lack of experience with sheer perseverance," said Nick.
"He is driven by the need to see justice done even if he occasionally has to step outside the law to achieve it."
Dark Edges is available through bookshops or post-free by going to the author's website
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 4 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 5 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 6 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 7 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 8 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 9 Budleigh bowlers welcome touring sides
- 10 Ban and fine for speeding