Budleigh Scout leaders offer help this winter and more news
Scout leaders have now distributed a third of the winter emergency leaflets. Read this and more.
SCOUT HELP: Scout leaders have now distributed a third of the winter emergency leaflets. The leaflets, paid for by county councillor Christine Channon, give advice on what to stock up on in the event of a freeze, including medicine, food fuel and salt. Alan Lowe said: “The rest of the leaflets will be delivered over the next couple of weeks or so.”
AGE CONCERN: The Budleigh branch of Age Concern is holding their Christmas lunch at Peter hall on Thursday, December 15, at 12.15pm for 1pm. Tickets are �9.75 and are available from the Norman Centre from 10am to 4pm, weekdays.
You may also want to watch:
HOTEL FOR SALE: An award-winning 12-bedroom Victorian Budleigh Salterton hotel has been put on the market for �695,000.
The Hansard House Hotel, Northview Road, dates back to 1870, although there were ‘substantial extensions’ added in the 1960s and 1970s. Complete with a residents’ lounge, a dining room, a fully equipped kitchen, a laundry room, linen store, wine store, cellar and self-contained owners’ apartment, the hotel was converted from a care home in 2003. The business has been recognised for its standards and quality, having received the AA yellow stars highly commended award for 2011.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 3 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Condolences to PM following 'senseless' killing of popular MP
- 8 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 9 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
FAIR AND BINGO: East Budleigh Snooker Club is holding a Christmas fair and bingo in the village hall on Saturday, December 10. Eyes down at 7.30pm.
UNSUNG HEROES: Active Devon is urging nominations for Budleigh Salterton’s unsung sporting heroes. Last year nominations were shortlisted to 30 finalists who were all invited to the evening ceremony.
Categories are: Sports Performer of the Year, Coach of the Year senior and youth, Volunteer of the Year senior and youth, Official of the Year, team of the year and
Club of the Year, senior and youth. To nominate a colleague, club member, coach or official please visit www.activedevon.org/awards2012 to complete an online nomination form or to print a copy.