Budleigh Salterton UFO sceptic baffled by strange lights and laughter
A BUDLEIGH Salterton man claims he heard aliens giggling and saw unexplained lights as he walked past Bear Lane.
A BUDLEIGH Salterton man claims he heard 'aliens giggling' and saw unexplained lights as he walked past Bear Lane.
Alien sceptic Phil Hooton, of Shortwood Close, reported the sighting earlier this month as he walked home from the Dog and Donkey pub at Knowle.
Mr Hooton, who said he 'rarely' drinks, said the encounter had left him more open minded to alien life.
He said the 'strange' lights disappeared when he tried to approach them.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hooton said: "I was leaving the Dog and Donkey with my dog Dixie after a lemonade, or two.
"Walking past Bear Lane I saw some strange lights which at first I thought was a police car.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 3 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 4 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 5 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 6 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 7 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 8 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 9 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
"I cautiously approached the lights and in the blink of an eye the lights went off and all I could hear were aliens giggling.
"I went home and told my wife who insisted I had a large brandy even though I rarely drink.
"The truth is out there - as my nan used to say, God bless her.
I have always been a bit of a sceptic about these kind of things but after my strange encounter I am more open-minded."
Mr Hooton's claims are the latest in a line of unexplained sightings in the area where residents believe they have spotted UFOs or strange lights in the sky.
In the last two months many UFO sceptics have approached the Journal about strange lights and shapes in the sky above Exmouth, Budleigh Salterton and East Budleigh.
The witnesses have all been at a loss to explain the sightings.