Budleigh Salterton 'thriving store' up for sale
A BUDLEIGH Salterton store which battled – and failed - to save its post office has been put on the market.
A BUDLEIGH Salterton store which battled - and failed - to save its post office has been put on the market.
Greenway Stores, in Greenway Lane, has a freehold price tag of �310,000 and is up for sale with Exeter-based business agents Christie and Co.
The agents said shop owners Nigel Robinson and his wife, Sue, were retiring.
When the post office ceased trading in September 2008, owner Mr Robinson feared the closure would have a detrimental effect on shop trade.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Heather, from Christies who is handling the sale, said the business had gone from strength-to-strength in the last year and a half.
He said: "Formerly a long established post office business, Greenway Stores is now a thriving and well supported local grocery store and is the only independent store in Budleigh Salterton serving a large residential area of the town.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 8 Condolences to PM following 'senseless' killing of popular MP
- 9 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
"The business has been successfully run and significantly improved by the current owners, Nigel and Sue Robinson, since they acquired it via Christie and Co in February 2002, but they are now ready to retire.
"This sale represents a fantastic opportunity for new owners to take over a consistently profitable business in a wonderful seaside location."
The two-storey, semi-detached property has a newly-refitted shop and stock room, a two-bedroom accommodation and terrace garden.
When it was announced the Greenway Lane post office was on a hit list of 45 post offices to close, Budleigh Salterton rallied round in a bid to save what was what seen by many as a 'lifeline'.
MP Hugo Swire championed the plight in Parliament.