Budleigh Salterton’s Launchpad wins funding awards
- Credit: Archant
Launchpad – which runs the Hub Café at Budleigh Salterton’s health and well-being hub, providing work experience for adults with learning disabilities – has won two funding awards.
The financing has come from UnLtd, a UK charity organisation supporting social entrepreneurs.
Money has also been awarded by the School for Social Entrepreneurs, a UK support group for entrepreneurs.
Carole Brown, Launchpad’s director, said: “Launchpad is about enabling our trainees to achieve their potential, looking beyond disability and bridging the gap between education and employment.
“In an environment that is financially challenging, we rely on volunteers to help us with our trainees, local people to use our cafe, and organisations to provide us with advice and funding.
You may also want to watch:
“Without the funding and expertise that UnLtd and the School for Social Entrepreneurs have made available to us, we would have struggled to achieve so much in such a short time, and we are very grateful to them.”
- 1 Lower Otter Restoration Project delayed after concerns raised over nesting birds
- 2 Budleigh couple’s book detailing their South American adventures
- 3 Jurassic Fibre helps local businesses get better connected
- 4 Exmouth Town mourn former manager
- 5 Female football opportunities at Budleigh
- 6 East Devon AONB ‘violet hunt’ launched
- 7 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 8 Thousands of trees are being planted, but what can we do to help environment?
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Glebelands