Budleigh Salterton rapist due to be sentenced
A Budleigh Salterton paedophile is awaiting sentencing after admitting a string of sex offences against children.
Adrian Dance, of Queens Road, pleaded guilty on Tuesday to four counts of raping an underage girl before judge Graham Cottle at Exeter Crown Court, admitting he had sex with the under 16-year-old between October 1985 and October 1988.
Dance, who is known locally as Tommy, also admitted seven counts that he indecently assaulted two girls under the age of 14.
The court heard how the defendant raped and indecently assaulted the underage girls over a period of years, spanning back as far as 1985 – with his most recent abuse against young girls being carried out between May 2002 and April 2004.
Dance’s defence team told the court how he was a man of previous good character.
You may also want to watch:
Dance also pleaded guilty to committing two acts of gross indecency with children and one charge of indecently touching an underage girl.
The defendant entered not guilty pleas to allegations he raped a girl under the age of 14, in July 2008, and another female under the age of 16 in August 1988.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 New meeting place needed for nattering knitters
- 4 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 5 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 6 Fantastic fight night return for local boxing
- 7 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 8 Century celebrations ahead for wartime evacuee Joan
- 9 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 10 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
He also denied an allegation he raped a woman in November 1979.
He pleaded not guilty to two allegations that he indecently assaulted an underage girl between July 1981 and July 1985.
He also denied an allegation he attempted to indecently assault a girl under the age of 14 in March 1989.
Dance was remanded in custody to appear at Exeter Crown Court, on Friday, July 30.