Budleigh Salterton man raise money for charity
A MEMORABILIA collector from Budleigh Salterton helped raise �175 for the Royal British Legion after holding a Winston Churchill exhibition.
Nick Loman, of Swains Road, unveiled 250 of his items connected to the former prime minister at the event, held at the Salem Chapel last weekend.
“I was very pleased with the success of the day,” he said. “People were extremely impressed with all the Churchill memorabilia.”
Mr Loman has three huge cabinets of Churchill-related items, including statues, pictures and plaques.
The exhibition coincided with the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Britain.
You may also want to watch:
Many of the items have been obtained by Nick from the widow of Dick Voysey who, for two years, was steward on the Ascalon and from information taken from the plane’s former navigator John Mitchell.
Donations for Salem Chapel also took place throughout the event.
- 1 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 2 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 3 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 5 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
- 10 Withies pick up their first away win of the season in Cornwall