Firefighters tackle Budleigh Salterton house fire

PUBLISHED: 13:37 04 August 2018 | UPDATED: 13:37 04 August 2018

Fire engine.

Fire engine.

Archant

Fire crews tackled a house fire in Budleigh Salterton last night (Friday).

Appliances from Exmouth and Sidmouth attended a property in Honey Park Road at about 8.15pm when they confirmed the fire started in a first floor bedroom.

Firefighters used breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and safety jet to extinguish the flames while a positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear smoke.

The bedroom was severely damaged and the rest of the building’s first floor suffered smoke and water damage.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Exmouth Journal