Exmouth crews called out the tackle fridge fire
PUBLISHED: 10:20 22 July 2020 | UPDATED: 10:45 22 July 2020
A fridge fire in Budleigh Salterton was tackled by Exmouth fire crews on Tuesday (July 21).
Two fire engines from Exmouth were mobilised after reports of smoke coming from a fridge freezer at a property in Station Road, Budleigh, at shortly before 5pm.
Crews confirmed there was a fridge on fire in the first floor of the building.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet and a covering jet to extinguish the fire as well as small tools.
Crews also used a gas monitor to check the area and moved the fridge to open air. The electricity to the property was also isolated.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.