Budleigh’s Daniel cuts it with the best
A hairdresser from Budleigh Salterton has made the final of a major hair industry competition
A HAIRDRESSER from Budleigh Salterton hopes to prove he is a cut above the rest after being shortlisted among the finalists in a major competition.
Daniel Neaves, of DKN Hair Salon, is one of six finalists for the Wales and South West Hairdresser of the Year Award.
Mr Neaves said: “I was delighted when I received my letter telling me I had made it to the finals. This year has been an incredible one for the salon.
“To be recognised by your peers as being one of the country’s leading hairdressers and being involved in the British Hairdressing Awards is a wonderful feeling and a fantastic achievement.”
You may also want to watch:
The competition was launched in 1984 to celebrate and reward the best of British hairdressing creativity.
Each entrant has to submit four images to fulfil the competitions’ criteria. Mr Neaves will now have to submit another four images, which will be judged along with the initial set by industry experts.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 New meeting place needed for nattering knitters
- 7 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 8 Fantastic fight night return for local boxing
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
Jayne Lewis-Orr, editor of Hairdressers Journal International, said: “British hairdressing is perceived throughout the world as being the best, and the British Hairdressing Awards acknowledge skill, creativity and excellence in hairdressing. Daniel is a very worthy finalist.”