Budleigh’s big breakfast
Budleigh Salterton is gearing up for its mammoth breakfast in aid of Cancer Research UK. The organisers hope this year’s event tops more than �1,000 for the charity.
Budleigh’s Big Breakfast in aid of Cancer Research UK takes place in the Public Hall on Saturday May 28, as part of Gala Week.
The local committee of the charity will be donning aprons and taking orders for a full English breakfast from 9am until 11.30am, for �5.50.
A Danish pastry and coffee will be served for �2.50.
There will also be a plant, tombola and book stall, and a raffle with a host of prizes.
You may also want to watch:
The charity hopes this year’s event will beat last year’s total of just over �1,000.
Sue Hunt, secretary, said: “We have been very lucky again, especially in these hard times, as local businesses have donated a lot of the food for the breakfast, which means that more money is then spent on research.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 8 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 9 Hospiscare yarn-bomb mail trail is a delight for all to enjoy
- 10 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon
“It is a great fun occasion and I would urge people to pop down, have a good catch up with friends and neighbours whilst enjoying a wonderful breakfast freshly cooked by volunteer chefs.
“Big Breakfast in Budleigh is something not to be missed, there is always a great atmosphere.”
Funds raised at the event will help support local science and research into cancer, such as Professor William Hamilton, based at Exeter University, who is carrying out a review of oesophagus, stomach, uterine and cervical cancers.