Pinewood residents treated to day out at the lanes
- Credit: Archant
Carers and residents from a Budleigh Salterton care home put their skills to the test when they visited Ocean Bowl in Exmouth.
Day trips and outings are considered important activities at Pinewood Residential Home, in Victoria Place, alongside regular exercise sessions.
Residents enjoyed a different sort of activity which helped with their stretching, flexing and muscle strengthening.
Family and friends were invited to join in and residents also enjoyed a pre-bowling meal.
Philip Sadeghi, director at Pinewood Residential Home, said: "It is so important to ensure our residents lead normal lives, with interesting and stimulating experiences, not to mention the importance of keeping as active as possible.
You may also want to watch:
"Ten pin bowling is a great activity for the residents to try, it's so versatile for all. Some may use a special bowling aide to help them tip the balls down onto the lane, others may have a go on their own."
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 3 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 4 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 5 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 6 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 9 Temporary seafront attractions to remain in place for the summer
- 10 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic