Budleigh Music Festival to shine light on youth talents
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Budleigh Music Festival is set to focus on young talent with a series of evening and lunchtime concerts next month.
Between July 13 and 21, musicians such as 19-year-old Jess Gillam will be performing at the annual festival.
Jess, who was the first saxophonist to make the final of the BBC Young Musician competition in 2016, will perform in ‘Jess Gillam and Friends, as the finale of Budleigh Music Festival on July 21.
She will be appearing with Andee Price on double bass and Steve Lodden on the piano.
Jess is set to become the youngest female soloist to appear at the Last Night of the Proms later this year.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets have already sold out for another BBC Young Musician entrant Sheku Kanneh-Mason’s concert as part of the festival but there are still spaces available to see fellow young musician award nominee Adam Heron on July 20.
Details of all concerts and booking arrangements can be found on the festival website w.w.w.budleighmusicfestival.co.uk.
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 3 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 4 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 5 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 6 Look to the future to find the key to motivation
- 7 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 10 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake