Budleigh man who has shed seven stone completes London Marathon
A SUPER slimmer who shed nearly a third of his weight recently completed the London Marathon last weekend. Colin Hafner, of Bridge Road, Budleigh Salterton, finished the run in five hours 37 minutes. The 48-year-old, who used to weigh 23 stone, has lost 1
A SUPER slimmer who shed nearly a third of his weight recently completed the London Marathon last weekend.
Colin Hafner, of Bridge Road, Budleigh Salterton, finished the run in five hours 37 minutes.
The 48-year-old, who used to weigh 23 stone, has lost 10 inches from his waistline since deciding to get fit last year.
"It was an absolutely fantastic day and I plan on taking part again," he said.
"My expected finish time was around five hours and I managed to achieve that so I was really pleased."
Mr Hafner has raised around �3400 so far for the Royal London and Barts Hospital through running the marathon.
- 1 Bathing still banned at Exmouth due to pollution but restrictions lifted for Budleigh
- 2 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
- 3 Bathing banned at Exmouth and Budleigh due to pollution
- 4 A-level results day for students at Exmouth Community College
- 5 CANCELLED - McFly's Exmouth concert called off
- 6 Exe Estuary cleared of ‘navigational obstructions’ by harbour patrol team
- 7 Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir come to Topsham
- 8 Recycle collection boxes installed at Exmouth Specsavers
- 9 Police asking for help in reducing demand this summer
- 10 Multi agency rescue on Exmouth seafront
As well as taking part in the event again, he also plans on embarking on further challenges including the three-peak challenge.
Speaking about his weight loss, Mr Hafner said: "I lost the weight quite simply by moving more and eating less.
"I decided to get fit last January and thought at that point it was time for a life change. I didn't want to be fat at 50-years-old.
"I'm no expert in diets and keeping fit, but what's worked for me is basically having smaller portions on a smaller dinner plate.
"I've cut out dairy products and I don't drink alcohol to any measure. I have been eating mostly chicken and fish. I have always maintained that I've never been on a diet - it's a change of life thing.