Budleigh Lions to raise funds for orphans
Budleigh Salterton Lions Club is holding two events next month to raise funds for orphaned children in Swaziland.
The Lions Club has formed a League of Friends with the Good Shepherd Hospital, in Swaiziland, and last year raised �1,200 for the cause, which the club sent in monthly instalments of �100 to help its orphaned children.
Cash bingo will be played for the cause in the Public Hall on Friday, July 15. Doors open at 6.30pm, eyes down at 7.30pm.
The Lions promise the more people attending, the bigger the prizes.
The following day, on Saturday, July 16, there will be a jumble sale at 2pm in the Public Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Entry will cost 10p.
Anyone wishing to donate jumble, including bric-a-brac and books, can leave it at the Public Hall on Friday, July 15, or take it on the day of the sale, between 8am and midday.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 6 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 7 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
Anyone wishing to volunteer to man a stall would be welcome.