Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- Credit: Peter Bowler
Due to Covid19 and government guidelines Budleigh Salterton Lions Club had to cancel yet another planned event to raise funds for local causes.
Club president Richard Allen explained: "We planned a bingo evening followed by a jumble sale and raffle to raise funds for the Budleigh Salterton Carnival Club.
"The bingo and jumble sale have been re-scheduled for the 10th and 11th of September respectively. However, we still had to go ahead with the raffle as tickets had been printed and dated.
"Thanks to the generosity of our local community and visitors, all the tickets were sold and raised a nett profit of £927.46 for the carnival club.
"Thank you to everyone who supported us, your continued support is greatly appreciated."
Richard added: "If you would like more information about the Lions or if you are considering joining the Lions Club please do get in touch via our website www.budleighlions.com
"We are often asked who can join a Lions Club and the answer is anyone! Bringing kind-hearted people together to serve their communities is what the Lions Club is all about. Our youngest member is Natasha who is in her 20’s and our oldest member is 80 something!"
- 1 Outpouring of support for Afghan refugees arriving in Exmouth
- 2 Probus club members resume 2021 meetings
- 3 East Devon elects new councillor in the Exe Valley
- 4 County’s major arts event exceeds expectations in first few days
- 5 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 6 Yachtsman provides a valuable learning service for watch team
- 7 Local government working together to help Afghan refugees
- 8 Season coming to a close at Madeira Bowls
- 9 Charity football match for Budleigh Veterans
- 10 Is the staycation boom here to stay? Tell us what you think in our tourism survey