'All systems go' for Budleigh late-night shopping event
- Credit: Helen Warren, Budleigh Salterton Chamber of Commerce
Festive food, drink and entertainment will be on offer when Budleigh Salterton holds its late-night Christmas shopping evening on Friday, December 10.
The chair of Budleigh Salterton Chamber of Commerce said this is a chance for local residents to come out and support the town’s traders, rather than shopping online.
Helen Warren told the Journal: “The Christmas lights are up, the Christmas tree is now decorated, so as far as we’re concerned it’s ‘all systems go’.
There will be music from Exmouth A Cappella and a female musician who plays a piano mounted on her bicycle.
Professor Bumble will be providing children's entertainment.
Santa will be handing out Christmas presents at the Tourist Information Centre between 6pm and 8pm, and there will be mulled wine and mince pies on offer there.
Cake will be available at Budleigh Unwrapped, the Pebble Studio will provide nibbles, and Sampson’s Butchery will be laying on a barbecue.
- 1 Fears over future of Methodist church
- 2 Lympstone man takes on 3,000-mile rowing challenge
- 3 More than 600 jobs up for grabs at Travelodge - including in South West
- 4 Property of the Week: Lower Broad Oak Road, West Hill
- 5 Live grenade training to resume on Woodbury Common from next month
- 6 Lions president marks 100th volunteer shift as Covid jab centre steward
- 7 Homes and shops plan approved for site behind Exmouth's Tower Street Church
- 8 Budleigh prevail in terrific advert for Devon Football League
- 9 'Mud: Mucky, marvellous - but misunderstood'
- 10 New assistant chief constables at Devon and Cornwall Police
The event starts at 5.30pm and runs until 8pm. The High Street and Fore Street will be closed to traffic between 5pm and 10pm.