Marc Jobson: We don’t know everything
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
In his latest column, Budleigh health and wellbeing hub manager Marc Jobson is urging people to help guide how they move forward
The Budleigh Hub operates in Woodbury, Exmouth, Budleigh and surrounding villages helping those communities to live longer, healthier lives.
We have been running exercise classes for all abilities, bringing isolated and lonely people together and sharing best practice with local organisations and charities for over three years.
We like to think we know what we are doing.
But the truth is we don’t.
You may also want to watch:
We can try and get inside the head of someone who hasn’t talked to anyone for over a week because their relatives live elsewhere and their neighbours are busy living their own lives to worry about theirs.
We can try and understand what it is like to live alone.
- 1 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 2 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 3 Steve hopes community will help lifesaving research at awareness event
- 4 Exmouth woman denies murdering her partner Nigel Johnston
- 5 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 6 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 7 Exmouth man sent to Broadmoor for B&B sex attack
- 8 Landing great fish from boats across the region
- 9 Born for the screen - Exmouth's very own Liver Bird
- 10 Major improvement works ongoing at Exmouth Cricket Club
We can try and imagine how it feels to fall regularly because your muscles are wasting away.
We can try, but don’t really know.
That is why we are asking for your insight and experiences to guide how we move forward to help our community.
What practical help can we offer you? How can we help your neighbour? What would make your relative to live a better, fulfilled, healthier life?
Throughout November we will be listening to what you what you have to say.
These conversations will shape our services accordingly in future.
Come and tell us at our engagement event at Budleigh Town Hall on the morning of November 4, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 446896 with your thoughts.
Be part of the future.