Budleigh’s Hospiscare charity moves in at the hub
- Credit: Budleigh and District Hospiscare
An Budleigh Salterton-based independent charity which helps patients with life-limiting illness has relocated into the town’s health and wellbeing hub.
Budleigh Salterton and District Hospiscare have moved in at the hub after being based at the medical centre, in The Lawn, for many years.
Lucy Goddard, fundraising manager at Budleigh Hospiscare said: “We will be running our fundraising and administration functions from our new home.
“The Hub have made us feel very welcome and we are excited to be part of this vibrant and friendly community.
“It’s wonderful to see people from all walks of life meeting and chatting in reception.
“It’s a really positive step forward for the charity and will allow us to reach out and become more visible in our local area.”
The charity, which is independent of its larger sister charity Hospiscare, is referred patients with a lifelimiting illness from both the medical centre and Woodbury Surgery. It also covers areas including East Budleigh, Otterton and Newton Poppleford.
- 1 Lower Otter Restoration Project delayed after concerns raised over nesting birds
- 2 Budleigh couple’s book detailing their South American adventures
- 3 Exmouth Town mourn former manager
- 4 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 5 East Devon AONB ‘violet hunt’ launched
- 6 Female football opportunities at Budleigh
- 7 Thousands of trees are being planted, but what can we do to help environment?
- 8 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 9 Jurassic Fibre helps local businesses get better connected
- 10 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
Government regulations allowing, the charity is hoping to run events later in the year such as its Open Gardens in Budleigh July 4.
Lucy added: “We really welcome anyone who would like to fundraise for us whether it’s dying your hair pink or baking cakes.
“We are also seeking volunteers to help with fundraising and other activities. If you think you could help, please get in touch.
As you can imagine, the last year has been difficult for us with regard to fundraising.
“We would like to thank our loyal supporters who have continued to donate to us through these difficult times.
“It is only through your support that our wonderful nurses can continue their incredibly important work.”
Marc Jobson, manager of Budleigh Hub said “We really welcome Budleigh Salterton & District Hospiscare into the Hub, they’re a perfect fit for our ethos.
“It will allow us to have increased collaboration between our organisations which can only benefit our communities.”
For more information, or to volunteer visit www.hospiscarebudleigh.org, ring 01395 445876 or email email@example.com.