New takeaway coming to Budleigh after planning approval granted
- Credit: Archant
Budleigh Salterton looks set to be getting a new takeaway outlet after planning approval was granted.
An application was lodged with East Devon District Council to change the use of the former Everys Solicitors office, in High Street, into a fast-food takeaway unit.
The proposal seeks to install a customer area with a servery at the front of the building and convert an existing kitchen into a preparation area.
Under delegated powers, planning officers at the district council approved the application.
The delegated officers report said: “Whilst there are other restaurants and takeaways within the town, there remains a wide range of retail shops, and it is likely that the change from an existing solicitors’ office to a take away would increase footfall.
You may also want to watch:
“The principle of change of use is accepted.
“It is not considered that the new use will result in unacceptable levels of noise and odour being experienced by nearby residents.”
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 3 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 6 Put the kettle on to support your local hospice
- 7 ‘We’re here to help’ - eMAG’s volunteers ready to help during latest lockdown
- 8 Exeter City Community Trust stepping up again
- 9 Community energy funding helps TRIP coordinate thousands of requests for support
- 10 Temporary seafront attractions to remain in place for the summer