Former Budleigh hair salon to become town centre flat
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A town centre hair salon in Budleigh Salterton looks set to be converted into a two-bedroom flat after plans were approved.
Proposals to convert the former Marguerites hairdressers, which was on the first floor of a building in High Street, has been given the green light by district council planning officers under delegated powers.
The plan also includes conversion of storage space to the rear of the ground floor shop to become a two-storey ‘town house’.
The delegated officer’s report said the space now ‘exceeds the storage needs’ of the shop and the application had been submitted to reduce the business rates of the shop and to make better use of the space.
Budleigh Salterton Town Council gave its backing to the plan saying there was a need for town centre accommodation.
You may also want to watch:
In his ward councillor response, mayor Tom Wright added: “This part of the building has been used for some years a little more than a junk room.
“The plans will provide useful town centre accommodation.”
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 4 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 5 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 6 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 7 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 8 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 9 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 10 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh