Former Budleigh hair salon to become town centre flat
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A town centre hair salon in Budleigh Salterton looks set to be converted into a two-bedroom flat after plans were approved.
Proposals to convert the former Marguerites hairdressers, which was on the first floor of a building in High Street, has been given the green light by district council planning officers under delegated powers.
The plan also includes conversion of storage space to the rear of the ground floor shop to become a two-storey ‘town house’.
The delegated officer’s report said the space now ‘exceeds the storage needs’ of the shop and the application had been submitted to reduce the business rates of the shop and to make better use of the space.
Budleigh Salterton Town Council gave its backing to the plan saying there was a need for town centre accommodation.
You may also want to watch:
In his ward councillor response, mayor Tom Wright added: “This part of the building has been used for some years a little more than a junk room.
“The plans will provide useful town centre accommodation.”
- 1 Freemasons step up to help with vaccination roll out
- 2 Gala Week cancelled but summer events planned
- 3 Third time unlucky as Exmouth man caught with abuse images jailed
- 4 Environmental issues a hot topic in Local Plan consultation
- 5 Exmouth pharmacy offering Covid-19 vaccine appointments to those in priority groups
- 6 Redwood trees are 'fantastic news for Torbay's Naturally Inspiring environment'
- 7 Banned customer jailed for 'sucker punch' attack on innocent pub diner
- 8 Speed limit trial will pave the way for safer Devon roads
- 9 Business employment charity needs helping boost to continue
- 10 'I strongly believe there is an argument for opening restaurants now'