Budleigh girl has the egg-factor
SHE may not have a string of musical number one hit-songs under her belt – but a nine-year-old from Budleigh Salterton could certainly show Simon Cowell how to cook. That is because Sylvie Hodgson, of Drakes School in East Budleigh, was crowned regional E
SHE may not have a string of musical number one hit-songs under her belt - but a nine-year-old from Budleigh Salterton could certainly show Simon Cowell how to cook.
That is because Sylvie Hodgson, of Drakes School in East Budleigh, was crowned regional Eggs Factor winner at a cooking event last Monday.
The budding chef has won a place in the national final next month where she will face area winners from all over the UK.
The competition, made up of children from primary schools, received hundreds of entries from youngsters who were challenged to devise an egg recipe from their favourite TV character.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the imaginative recipes included a power plate for popeye and a fiery egg and cheese melt for human touch from the show fantastic four.
Sylvie's perfect pancake made for perfect peter impressed a panel of judges led by national chef of the year, Simon Hulstone.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 5 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 6 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 7 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
She received an Eggs Factor trophy and a Nintendo DSi console in addition to her place in the national final.
The overall champion will win a culinary weekend in London.