Budleigh girl has the egg-factor
SHE may not have a string of musical number one hit-songs under her belt – but a nine-year-old from Budleigh Salterton could certainly show Simon Cowell how to cook. That is because Sylvie Hodgson, of Drakes School in East Budleigh, was crowned regional E
SHE may not have a string of musical number one hit-songs under her belt - but a nine-year-old from Budleigh Salterton could certainly show Simon Cowell how to cook.
That is because Sylvie Hodgson, of Drakes School in East Budleigh, was crowned regional Eggs Factor winner at a cooking event last Monday.
The budding chef has won a place in the national final next month where she will face area winners from all over the UK.
The competition, made up of children from primary schools, received hundreds of entries from youngsters who were challenged to devise an egg recipe from their favourite TV character.
Some of the imaginative recipes included a power plate for popeye and a fiery egg and cheese melt for human touch from the show fantastic four.
Sylvie's perfect pancake made for perfect peter impressed a panel of judges led by national chef of the year, Simon Hulstone.
- 1 Bathing still banned at Exmouth due to pollution but restrictions lifted for Budleigh
- 2 Bathing banned at Exmouth and Budleigh due to pollution
- 3 CANCELLED - McFly's Exmouth concert called off
- 4 Exe Estuary cleared of ‘navigational obstructions’ by harbour patrol team
- 5 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
- 6 Recycle collection boxes installed at Exmouth Specsavers
- 7 2,500-mile charity walk fundraiser to arrive in Exmouth tomorrow
- 8 Multi agency rescue on Exmouth seafront
- 9 Exmouth’s WI able to get back together for summer party
- 10 Chef from Exmouth retains Michelin two star status
She received an Eggs Factor trophy and a Nintendo DSi console in addition to her place in the national final.
The overall champion will win a culinary weekend in London.