Budleigh girl has the egg-factor
SHE may not have a string of musical number one hit-songs under her belt – but a nine-year-old from Budleigh Salterton could certainly show Simon Cowell how to cook. That is because Sylvie Hodgson, of Drakes School in East Budleigh, was crowned regional E
SHE may not have a string of musical number one hit-songs under her belt - but a nine-year-old from Budleigh Salterton could certainly show Simon Cowell how to cook.
That is because Sylvie Hodgson, of Drakes School in East Budleigh, was crowned regional Eggs Factor winner at a cooking event last Monday.
The budding chef has won a place in the national final next month where she will face area winners from all over the UK.
The competition, made up of children from primary schools, received hundreds of entries from youngsters who were challenged to devise an egg recipe from their favourite TV character.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the imaginative recipes included a power plate for popeye and a fiery egg and cheese melt for human touch from the show fantastic four.
Sylvie's perfect pancake made for perfect peter impressed a panel of judges led by national chef of the year, Simon Hulstone.
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 4 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 5 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 6 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 7 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 8 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 9 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 10 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
She received an Eggs Factor trophy and a Nintendo DSi console in addition to her place in the national final.
The overall champion will win a culinary weekend in London.