Budleigh girl has the egg-factor
SHE may not have a string of musical number one hit-songs under her belt – but a nine-year-old from Budleigh Salterton could certainly show Simon Cowell how to cook. That is because Sylvie Hodgson, of Drakes School in East Budleigh, was crowned regional E
SHE may not have a string of musical number one hit-songs under her belt - but a nine-year-old from Budleigh Salterton could certainly show Simon Cowell how to cook.
That is because Sylvie Hodgson, of Drakes School in East Budleigh, was crowned regional Eggs Factor winner at a cooking event last Monday.
The budding chef has won a place in the national final next month where she will face area winners from all over the UK.
The competition, made up of children from primary schools, received hundreds of entries from youngsters who were challenged to devise an egg recipe from their favourite TV character.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the imaginative recipes included a power plate for popeye and a fiery egg and cheese melt for human touch from the show fantastic four.
Sylvie's perfect pancake made for perfect peter impressed a panel of judges led by national chef of the year, Simon Hulstone.
- 1 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 2 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 3 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 4 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 5 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 6 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 9 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 10 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
She received an Eggs Factor trophy and a Nintendo DSi console in addition to her place in the national final.
The overall champion will win a culinary weekend in London.