Budleigh forties nights raises cash for Stallcombe House
Budleigh Salterton took a step back in time to the forties to raise nearly �2,000 for Woodbury Salterton charity, Stallcombe House.
A Budleigh Salterton forties night boosted the coffers of a Woodbury Salterton charity by more than �1,000.
The two Forties Fanfare Nights, held in the Public Hall, proved popular events raising �1,800 for Stallcombe House.
Pictured here is Steve Andrews, presenting the cheque for �1800 to Maria Onley, secretary of the Family and Friends Association of Stallcombe House.
Mr Andrews said: “It has been a privilege and a pleasure to be associated with Stallcombe House.
“We are delighted to have raised this money to help enrich the lives of the residents there.”
Pictured here is Steve Andrews, director, Jenny Nicholls – director of marketing, Adele Tyrell – wardrobe and props, Philippa Jones – dressmaker and Chris Thistle, assistant barman.
- 1 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 2 Exmouth gears up for its Winter Festival
- 3 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 4 Proposal for a permanent beach volleyball pitch on an East Devon beach
- 5 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 6 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 7 Man in court over alleged 'threat' to Exmouth police officer
- 8 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 La La Choirs in full voice to support children's hospice