Budleigh flower show success
Budleigh Salterton Flower and Produce Show competitors and visitors had a blooming marvellous time at the spring show.
Budleigh Salterton Flower and Produce Show Society friends and committee were ‘delighted’ with the success of their recent spring show in the Public Hall.
The group is holding its summer show will be held on Saturday July 2, which will include a garden photography competition with the themes a garden view, wildlife in the garden and a plant portrait.
Entry forms will be available from The Garden Shop from mid June.
Show spokeswoman Sue Peters said: “Despite the freezing conditions and snow over the winter, the local gardens, and particularly the daffodils everywhere, are looking lovely and this was reflected in the show.
“The number and quality of the exhibits in the daffodil classes were exceptional and visitors to the show were greeted by a wonderful scent as well as a wonderful array of flowers.
“Congratulations to the winners of classes and cups and our thanks to those entering and visiting the show.”
- 1 Exeter man guilty of threatening police officer on Exmouth seafront
- 2 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 3 Brixington Blues weather the storm to blow away Broadclyst
- 4 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 5 Exmouth gears up for its Winter Festival
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 Ex-tree-mely good response to Rotary saplings giveaway in Exmouth
- 8 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 9 Proposal for a permanent beach volleyball pitch on an East Devon beach
- 10 School appeals for funds to replace outdated sports equipment
• For more information about the spring show, or to become a friend of the shows, call (01395) 445518.
To see a full list of show results see the Journal, out on TUESDAY April 12.