Crowdfunder launched in bid to buy closed Budleigh fire station
- Credit: Rosemarie Davis
A crowdfunding campaign has been launched to help a bid to retain Budleigh Salterton’s former fire station.
Budleigh Community Workshop Trust’s (BCWT) crowdfunder has a target of £50,000 to help towards the group’s bid to buy the Station Road building.
In total, the trust is hoping to raise £200,000 and, so far, has gathered £150,000.
Following Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service’s Safer Together consultation, Budleigh’s fire station was closed in April with firefighters responding to call outs in the town from Exmouth.
The station is being auctioned for £125,000 by Countrywide Property Auctions on Thursday, September 10.
You may also want to watch:
BCWT is a newly-formed charity which is working in partnership with the Budleigh health and wellbeing hub to create a community workshop in the town.
According to the trust, the former fire station would be ‘highly suitable’ for this purpose.
To donate, visit the BCWT Crowdfunder page
- 1 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 2 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 3 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 4 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 5 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 6 Headteacher ‘blown away’ by response to computer fundraising campaign
- 7 Town council’s slice of tax bill set to decrease
- 8 Rugby hopeful for a brighter summer
- 9 Budleigh café steps in to provide school lunch parcels
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year