East Devon MP supports workshop bid for Budleigh’s former fire station
- Credit: Budleigh Community Workshop Trust
East Devon MP Simon Jupp has thrown his support behind a bid to retain Budleigh Salterton’s former fire station for the community.
Trustees of Budleigh Community Workshop Trust, which is bidding in an auction next month to buy the closed station, presented their plans to the MP.
If successful, the building in Station Road would be transformed into a community workshop open for all.
Mr Jupp said: “I’m proud to support this project which is clearly backed by many people in Budleigh.
“It would be a big boost for the town and help bring people together to improve their skills and confidence.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a brilliant opportunity and I hope the project is successful.”
The Fire Station is up for auction on Thursday September 10, and the trustees hope to be able to raise enough money to purchase this building for Budleigh and the wider community.
Anyone who wants to support the project should visit the Crowdfunder page
Alternatively, you can email trust chairman Bill McDermott directly
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 3 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 4 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 5 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 6 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 7 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 10 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake