Budleigh film society ready for new season
The Budleigh Film Society is more popular than ever as the club gears up for its fourth season later this month.
What began as an indebted film club for a handful of die-hard movie buffs, started in 2007 by Margaret and Stuart Yerrell, and director and producer Jed Falby, has now blossomed into one of the finest clubs of its kind in the area.
The new season of nine films begins on September 21 in the public hall.
It will include films from countries as diverse as Belarus, France, Denmark, Italy, Japan and Argentina.
Chairman Stuart Yerrell said: “Analysis of reactions from previous seasons shows that audiences have been appreciative of the wide range of films.
“We seem to be pleasing most of the membership, most of the time.”
Margaret Yerrell said: “The continued high levels of membership and support have enabled the society to pay off all its start-up debts of over �15,000.
- 1 Exeter man guilty of threatening police officer on Exmouth seafront
- 2 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 3 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 4 Brixington Blues weather the storm to blow away Broadclyst
- 5 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 6 Ex-tree-mely good response to Rotary saplings giveaway in Exmouth
- 7 Exmouth gears up for its Winter Festival
- 8 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 9 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 10 Proposal for a permanent beach volleyball pitch on an East Devon beach
“The last of the loans were cleared this spring, and the society now has a healthy balance sheet.
“Showings will again be at both 5pm and 8pm to accommodate numbers. New members should not be deterred – there is plenty of room, and the chairs are comfortable.”
Programmes with application forms are available from the Public Library, Orchard Wholefoods and Richards Menswear, Ocean House, and the Tourist Information Centre. Or, visit the new website at www.budleighfilm.org.uk.