Budleigh dental nurse’s charity abseil
A Budleigh Salterton dental nurse is gearing up to scale Dartmoor’s Foggintor quarry in aid of charity but has no plans to polish up her abseiling skills first.
Jessica Zaple, 22, of the Queen Street Dental Practice, will brave the challenge on Saturday July 23 and is determined to conquer any fears on the day.
Jessica, who has been working at the dental practice for two years, is raising funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
She said her charity challenge was prompted when a family member was diagnosed with the disease and also to back the dental practice’s ongoing support of the cancer charity.
Jessica said: “The only time I have abseiled before was when I was eight, but nowhere near as high.
“I am looking forward to it. I am going to go in and do it. I am not going to prepare for it and I won’t look at how high it is – I’ll just go on the day.”
Jessica has so far raised more than �300 for the charity through her forthcoming challenge.
- 1 Met Office weather warning for wind in East Devon
- 2 Dramatic rock fall at Budleigh beach prompts warnings of further collapses
- 3 Santa's sleigh and Family Fun Run: Exmouth Rotary announces Christmas events
- 4 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 5 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 6 It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas as lights are on in Exmouth
- 7 Awesome Aaron earns Exmouth win with a worldie
- 8 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 9 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 10 Show of kindness helps keep people from going hungry this Christmas
She hopes to raise more than �600 for Macmillan Cancer Support and welcomes visitors to the surgery to sponsor her efforts.
Those unable to reach the practice to sponsor Jess can phone to pledge a donation on (01395) 446462.