Charity curry evening to raise funds for Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Time is running out for people to book their place at a charity curry evening taking place in Budleigh Salterton on Friday (November 23).
The Public Hall, in Station Road, will be transformed into a slice of South East Asia to raise funds for a national cancer charity.
For the last five years, an ‘Evening of India’ has been held by the town’s branch of Cancer Research UK and this year the event is being extended to include the rest of South East Asia.
Guests will be offered a choice of three curries – beef madras, chicken korma or vegetable curry - from the buffet, a dessert and a coffee.
A former chairman of the Budleigh charity committee will be in the kitchen assisted by Jenny Stogdon, of Pop Up Dining.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a licensed bar, a quiz and the chance to win prizes in a raffle.
Tickets for the event on Friday from 7pm, are available from Hays Travel, in High Street, costing £19.50 each.
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 4 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 5 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 6 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 7 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year