Community effort to clear ‘overgrown’ pathway
- Credit: Picture: Peter Bowler
A private pathway in Budleigh Salterton has had the cleared up thanks to the efforts of four residents.
District councillor Alan Dent his wife Annie, Dr Graham Taylor and his wife Heather all help to clear the footpath which links West Hill Road and West Hill Terrace.
They took the community action to ‘do their bit’ in connection with Keep Britain Tidy’s Great British September Clean.
Cllr Dent said: “It was an idea that was already in the pipeline that we cleared that particular pathway.
“This is something that we could be taking on as members of the community because we know councils of all types resources are stretched right now.”
You may also want to watch:
Strimmers were used to clear the pathway with the cuttings taken away in a trailer.
Cllr Dent added: “It was highly overgrown and we managed to it cleared.”
- 1 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 2 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 3 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Look to the future to find the key to motivation
- 7 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 Devon Start Up programme for social entrepreneurs
- 10 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces