Budleigh churchgoers praised for Haiti fundraising efforts
CHURCHGOERS in Budleigh Salterton have been praised for helping raise hundreds of pounds to support the victims of the Haiti earthquake. A retiring collection at St Peter s has raised �545. It is estimated the number of people killed in the earthquake is
CHURCHGOERS in Budleigh Salterton have been praised for helping raise hundreds of pounds to support the victims of the Haiti earthquake.
A retiring collection at St Peter's has raised �545.
It is estimated the number of people killed in the earthquake is around 200,000 people.
St Peter's has been joined by scores of other churches across Devon in fundraising.
You may also want to watch:
From posing with Daleks to tolling the church bells; concerts to coffee mornings, cake sales to jumble sales - Christians have devised no shortage of enterprising ways to raise money for the Haiti appeal.
The Bishop of Exeter , who is a trustee of Christian Aid, urged churches to do all they could, through prayer and donations, to support the emergency appeal.
- 1 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards
- 2 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 3 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 4 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 5 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 6 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 7 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 8 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 9 County council leader re-elected as voice for South West
- 10 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
He said he was amazed and profoundly grateful at the donations which had come pouring in from parishes, and the ingenuity shown by so many local Christians.