Budleigh celebrates Royal Wedding in style
Budleigh Salterton held a right royal knees-up, lasting three days, to celebrate the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton
The atmosphere was ‘electric’ in Budleigh Salterton over the weekend when the town celebrated the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton.
Two days of celebrations were held to mark the happy couple’s marriage - with a host of parties, dancing, food and family fun.
Revellers danced in the street long after midnight as Friday’s celebrations ran on into the early hours of Saturday morning.
Royal wedding committee chairman Chris Mason said: “It was absolutely brilliant. The atmosphere was electric.
You may also want to watch:
“Everybody I spoke to really enjoyed themselves. They thought what had been put on for them was brilliant. People of the town really appreciated it.”
Feathers Hotel barmaid Judith Kluin said: “We had a wonderful night. We were dancing until midnight. It was electric. People were dancing outside. It was just a happy day. We had a fabulous time.”
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 5 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 6 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Who blinked first? A defining moment in humanity's existence
Budleigh partied with the rest of the country on Friday when scores turned out for a family sausage and mash disco, at the Public Hall.
At the Feathers Hotel, staff held a street party, where the royal wedding was screened live throughout the day.
An all-day barbecue at the Dog and Donkey and a top hat and tiara event at the Salterton Arms added to the town’s party atmosphere.
The celebrations continued into Sunday when a community picnic was held on The Green with entertainment for all the family.
More than �200 was raised from holding the two events, which will be donated to the Devon Air Ambulance Trust.