Budleigh Carnival gets lions cash boost
- Credit: Paul Bartlett
Budleigh Salterton’s illuminated carnival has been boosted after vital funds were donated by the town’s lions’ club.
At a meeting of the Budleigh Salterton Lions Club, held at the Dog and Donkey Pub in Knowle, members presented Mike Hilliar, chairman of the carnival organising committee, with a cheque for £550.
The money will be used to help put on the carnival which was cancelled last year after high winds.
This year's event will take place on Saturday, October 3.
Mr Hilliar said: "Thank you for the cheque, it is greatly appreciated, and it will be used to help with the costs of the main carnival such as insurance or radios."
You may also want to watch:
The lions club is gearing up for this year's Gala Week, which takes place between Saturday, May 23 and Sunday, May 30. The programme is set to be published soon and can then be purchased in town.
Visit the Lions' website for more information
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 4 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 5 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 6 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 7 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 8 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 9 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 10 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh