Budleigh bunting to stay up through summer
PUBLISHED: 08:30 05 June 2017
Bunting which goes up during Gala Week every year is set to stay up through the summer.
Town councillors voted by six to five in favour of a request by traders to keep the garlands up until the end of September.
The bunting has gone up for Gala Week and had been due to be taken down when the event finishes on Sunday, June 4.
Councillor Megan Kenneally-Stone said: “It looks tasteful and ‘oldy-worldy’ and very vibrant. It doesn’t detract anything from Budleigh Gala Week.”
Deputy mayor Cllr Tom Wright added: “This is a town that attracts visitors, so any visitors that come new here to Budleigh sees it and, I think, appreciates it.”
In previous years the town council had rejected the idea.
Cllr Courtney Richards said: “I like the idea of having bunting in Gala Week.
“I just think having it up all the time cheapens the image of the town.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.